Telecare Drop-In Sessions are currently being held fortnightly, providing support for telecare service continuity during COVID-19.
The next session is on Thursday 14th May from 12.30 - 1.30pm, which will explore Remote Working for Alarm Receiving Centres.
- Register for the next Drop-in Session
All sessions have been recorded and are available to view on the Digital Telecare for Scottish Local Government Teams environment if you missed them. Slides from presentations are also available.
- 2nd April: Telecare Service Continuity Planning: Debbie Holroyd from Argyll and Bute HSCP shared her COVID-19 Contingency Plan. Argyll and Bute’s plan is also available in the MS Teams COVID-19 Service Continuity Resource File.
- 16th April Outbound Welfare Calls: Lorna Pajor from Stirling Council and Esther Wilson from Viewpoint Housing Association each presented on the approaches their organisations were taking to keep in touch with their service users during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- 30th April Telecare Service Continuity Planning: Anne Steel from East Renfrewshire outlined the HSCP’s Telecare Service Continuity Plan and the impact the outbreak is having on service activity and demand. East Renfrewshire’s ‘PPE Guidance for Home Visits’, which includes a decision tree, is available on Teams.
Susan McIntosh from Bon Accord Care in Aberdeen shared the changes they have made to service delivery. Bon Accord Care’s ‘Self Installation Guidance’ is available on teams, with a range of other installation guides from Telecare Services and suppliers.
John Gray from the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service provided an update on SFRS activity during the COVID outbreak and asked Telecare Service Providers to consider three questions:
Since the COVID-19 outbreak:
1. How have you been managing smoke detector low battery notifications?
2. Are you continuing to install smoke detectors as part of a basic package (if that's what you did pre-COVID)?
3. What are you doing about testing smoke detectors?
Fire Safety advice during the COVID-19 outbreak can be found here.